FOR ACTIVE FAMILIES:
DESTINATION POHORJE FOR NATURE LOVERS
Pohorje forests- Selnica ob Dravi – Ribnica na Pohorju – Rogla
Day 1: MARIBOR – POHORJE
- Meeting with a tourist guide in the morning at an agreed-upon place in Maribor
- Hike through the forests of Pohorje, all the way to Osankarica and to the monument of the Pohorje Battalion partisan unit and the mysterious Black Lake (Črno jezero) (during the hike you will be able to enjoy the beautiful views and admire the flora and fauna)
- Time for a picnic in nature
- Continuation of the hike along a protected mountain trail to Veliki Šumik, a waterfall by the river Lobnica, in the natural beauty of a forest reserve, which is part of the Pohorje primaeval forest
- Dessert or home-brewed beer at Koča pri Šumiku
- Return to the valley and accommodation at Hotel Draš, Maribor, dinner and overnight
Day 2: MARIBOR – SELNICA OB DRAVI – RIBNICA NA POHORJU
- Breakfast at Hotel Draš
- Picking up bicycles in Maribor and riding on the Drava Cycling Route to Selnica ob Dravi (riding part of the route on Jabolčna pot, snack from backpack)
- Visit to the Aunt Lena’s Farm (Kmetija tete Lene) in Ribnica na Pohorju (presentation of the farm, contact with the farm animals)
- Accommodation in an apartment at Aunt Lena’s Farm (possibility of renting electric bicycles or hiking in the area) and an overnight stay
Day 3: RIBNICA NA POHORJU – ROGLA
- Breakfast Of house delicacies at Aunt Lena’s Farm
- Walk along the Treetop Walk on Rogla in Pohorje (experiencing the sunset and Pohorje forests from a bird’s eye view)
- Blueberry wrap on the terrace of Natura Hotel
- A walk along the Sensory Trail behind the Natura Hotel on Rogla and a walk along the Dwarf Educational Trail
Package price: 499.00 EUR for a family of 4 (2 adults + 2 children up to 14 years)
(125.00 EUR per person for 3 days or 42.00 EUR per person per day)
Package includes: half board accommodation at Hotel Draš (family room), picnic on the first day, dessert or beer at Koča pri Šumiku, a family ticket for the Treetop Walk on Rogla in Pohorje, bicycle rental for up to 3 hours and snack from backpack on the second day, visit to Aunt Lena’s Farm (Kmetija tete Lene) and bed and breakfast in an apartment at Aunt Lena’s Farm, a blueberry wrap, a guided hike across Pohorje on the first day, organization and VAT.
Payment due on-site: tourist tax.
To facilitate the planning of activities according to the programme, you will receive all necessary directions when booking the package (contacts, opening hours of providers, a table of other tourist offerings in Destination Pohorje / 19 municipalities), as well as your RESERVATION NUMBER which allows you to use the services included in the package.
• The use of tourist vouchers applies exclusively to bed and breakfast services; in this case the costs for 1 x overnight stay with breakfast and 1x apartment rental amount to 200.00 EUR, the costs of other activities amount to 299.00 EUR; the calculation applies to a family of 2 adults + 2 children up to 14 years. Payment of costs for overnight stay with breakfast and apartment rental with tourist vouchers is made directly to the accommodation provider, payment of costs for other services from the package in the tourist agency Pohorje turizem.
• Organized transport by arrangement (depending on the route)
• Adjustment of the package according to your wishes (shorter time, other activities). Link to 7-day package:
Recommended equipment: hiking equipment and binoculars.
** The programme is suitable for families or small groups of up to 10 people (programme can be adjusted).
Information and reservations: Travel Agency Pohorje Tours Slovenska Bistrica, Romihova ulica 75, Phone: + 386 2 843 0550 or + 386 31 647 444 , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org